Vapes have come a long way since they were first established as alternatives to regular cigarettes. Users can choose from a wide variety of flavors and have customization options. They can mod their vapes or build their own e-cigarettes entirely.
What is important when customizing or building your own vape?
Vapes: More Freedom for Smokers
Vapes were created as an allegedly “healthier” alternative to regular cigarettes. Several factors lead to this belief:
- Since the contents of e-cigarettes don’t get burned, smokers don’t inhale smoke. The vapes heat up the contents to create vapor. Even when smokers consume regular tobacco, this vapor does not contain the same harmful substances created by burning the leaves.
- The reusable vapes can be used with a variety of substances, from e-liquids to herbs. E-Liquids, as the most popular substance, come in many combinations. They can have different flavors and ingredients, such as liquids with and without nicotine, CBD, or THC.
These basic facts already leave smokers with more freedom. They are, furthermore, allowed to use vapes in more locations, which usually forbid the smoking of cigarettes, and they can choose the liquids of their choice.
Users who want even more variety can pick vapes with various features and functionalities. Additionally, many vapes can be customized or built from the ground up using separate components.
- Mods, vapes, and liquids can be bought in online stores, like shisha-world.com/vapeshop/.
Building a Vape: Important Components
The different components of a vape influence several features of the e-cigarette. For example, they determine the amount of vapor that is created or how long you can use the vape without having to refill or charge it.
If you want to build your own vape for your desired vaping experience, you need to know which components are relevant for important criteria of vape products:
As the name suggests, an e-cigarette is an electronic device. As such, it needs to be powered. The vape battery allows the device to build enough heat to create the vapor.
Batteries are available in many sizes, shapes, and styles:
- The battery you select influences how long you can use the vape without recharging it.
- Vapes that are supposed to create a lot of vapor need a bigger energy supply since they use more power.
- Lastly, the battery will also determine the basic shape, size, and weight of the vape.
It is important not to ignore basic battery safety regulations. The battery you purchase needs to be high-quality and installed correctly to avoid malfunctions. Problems with the battery don’t only worsen the vaping experience. They can strike sparks or ignite themselves and become real safety hazards.
The atomizer is the heating element of the vape. It uses the power source to heat up the e-liquid or herbs and convert them into vapor. The relevant factor when selecting an atomizer is the resistance level of its coil.
- The lower the resistance (Ohm), the more heat is created.
- This in turn means the vape creates more vapor, needs more energy, and uses more liquid or other substances.
Regular resistances for vapes range between 1.5 to 2.8 Ohm. People who want to create larger amounts of vapor use “sub-ohm atomizers”.
- You should be careful when choosing especially low resistances. They can cause the vape and substances to overheat and burn.
Atomizers with exchangeable coils are a great option. Here, heads can be swapped out easily if they are damaged or you want to change the resistance on the fly.
Some atomizers use single or dual coils.
- Dual coils allow for higher flavor intensity and more vapor density. However, they will also heat up the vapor a lot and irritate the throat more.
A vape has a tank that holds the substance you will turn into vapor and inhale. The larger the tank, the longer you can vape without interruption and refilling.
- Vapes with low resistance and a lot of power need a large tank. Otherwise, the ingredients will be used up very quickly or heat up too much.
Retail vapes are already customizable and allow for a lot of freedom when choosing technologies and ingredients. If you want even more control, you can build your own vape. The most important parts are the battery, the tank, and the atomizer. Together, they determine how long you can use the vape without interruption and how much vapor will be created.
People who are looking for dense vapor will need low-ohm vaporizers, large batteries, and large tanks. Online shops sell these components and offer helpful advice for those interested in modding or building their own vapes.